Thursday, May 15, 2008

Chinese Lanterns

The colors of these flowers are perfect!

Nice bouquet.

This is THE cake.
Orange "puff balls" from Martha Stewart.
Black Sash Idea

Just looks cool. I like how the punch bowl is raised.

This is just awesome!

I like how the cake is displayed.

Picture on right, flowers are underwater.


Top right, middle right and bottom left have the flowers
underwater thing going on.



Candles floating in vases with colored water. Love it!
Same thing.

12 comments:

Mel said...

I love those pictures! I especially love the cake!

Crafty Lady said...

I love the cake too. And the idea of putting the flowers in the vases underwater with the candles floating on top. It would be cool if it could illuminate from underneath the flower.

Mel said...

ya it would. do you have any idea how to do that or where to find something like that?

Crafty Lady said...

I have seen battery powered fake tea light candles at Michaels and Bed Bath and Beyond. Those would work. but then comes the challenge of finding a vase with a hollow space at the bottom. I will look for something along those lines.

Pat said...

Would it be possible to e-mail me a copy of the picture of the cake? Then I can print it off for the cake decorator. Also Heidi, do you still want a cupcake tower with a cake on top? If so have you had a chance to check out the cupcake tower's I e-mailed you about? Let me know. Pat

Crafty Lady said...

The tower shown is the one you showed me, Pat and it is perfectly fine with me. You can copy any of these pictures to your own computer if you need to.
~Heidi

wendi and marilee said...

I think if you raise the vases, put the battery powered tea lights under,and color the water with the flowers it might work, that is if you want it lit from the underside. I love the cake. So what are your colors? I also like the tree/flower center piece.

Mel said...

What type of vases do you want Heidi, cuz I know where we can get some for a very good price if I know what size and shapes you want.

Anonymous said...

Rounded and square ones both look nice...see what you can find. I like the tall ones but not too tall. Check for different sizes too, and let me know. what looks better to you. --that sounds really indecisive. (sp?)

Mel said...

I love the square ones, but Pat brought up the fact that almost everything else is round (cupcakes and tower, lanterns, etc...) so the round might look best unless you're trying to break it up a little.

Crafty Lady said...

Heidi - Go for the round.

Anonymous said...

ok...round is fine.