(Lit Lanterns)Ok, we only have a few more weeks till the wedding is here. So we need to make some decisions the week. With things needing to be planned, organized, and ordered, etc...You know!!?? We just need to kick it in high gear, to relieve stress - please!
I thought I'd give a run down of somethings that I know I want. If you have questions or ideas just post it or call me. Everyone is welcome to have an opinion.
On the front of our invitations is a peony rose. So I want this idea to go throughout the decorations/and reception. So that being said I had another idea with the cupcakes. I'd like to have them resemble a peony. If you look at the picture above (top right of picture) is what I'm thinking. Plus the picture has the right colors! And my sister Christi knows where to find baking cups that are "grease-proof" so they look nicer, and don't become translucent after they are baked. How cool, Right?! Oh and I also thought about another thing: I saw these eatable mini rhinestones on some pictures of flower cupcakes. It looked pretty, but not a must if they can't be found. And I want chocolate and some vanilla is fine as the flavor of the actual cake and cupcakes. I LOVE CHOCOLATE! (but hey, who doesn't?)
As for the decorations: I really want the Chinese lanterns w/ the lights in them. *Lite pink/Fuchsia/White* (Look at picture above as example) And if at all possible other lights "hidden" around the yard. I'll have Christi post a picture of what I'm talking about. And I DEFINITELY want the black table clothes with or without a runner or overlay on it. And for the center piece, I want it colorful, classy, but modern and trendy. We have tons of great ideas right now, they just need to be put together. My favorite things so far have been the "mini rose tree thing", colored water, flower under water, and some how the piece being lit. So lets just figure out what can be done.
I know Pat needs the food list. I have a rough idea list:
Chocolate Fountain(s) w/ the following to dip:
*angel food cake chunks
*large pretzel sticks
*large marshmallows
*graham cracker sticks or other hard cookie (like biscotti)
* fruit (strawberries, pineapple, melon, and grapes)
~Christi has a picture of a beautiful fruit arrangement display that I will get her to post that I love!!!~
Veggies w/ dip (the usual)
Stuffed Mushrooms
Chicken Salad on mini croissants (ask Christian) And we don't have a recipe right now for this.
Mini Bread Bowls w/ different fillings (which can be bought frozen in bulk at warehouse food stores.)
Pink Punch and water as the drinks (I still don't have a punch recipe that I like and is PINK..so help!)
If anyone has any other ideas or if this is enough, tell me...
I know there is probably other things that need to be figured out but that is as far I thought today.
Call me, E-mail me, Post comments, or whatever needs to be done to get these things figured out.
I promise, I'm trying to NOT be a Bridezilla!
~Heidi soon to be McMullin~

10 comments:
Good...I'm glad you did this because I was just thinking up a list in my head last night but didn't know what your favorite ideas were. I will be in charge of getting the lanterns this week, either if I find them at the $1 store or end up ordering them. I will also get the vases ordered for the centerpieces. Did you want those lit ice cubes in them or tealights?
hey mel, thanks for getting on that! lets just do the tea lights.
are you talking about the battery opperated ones?? if so i don't want them, I'd rather have real ones floating on top of the water or just that icecube thing under the water.
I found a couple recipes for pink punch.
Party Punch
Pink Punch
I've never had either, but it's from my fav recipe site, and I only go for the ones with 5 stars!
we can just do real tea lights.
Hey, reesespcs, will you post those punch recipes? I'd like to try them at her showers.
April
If you click on the them it should take you to the recipe. Let me know if it doesn't. Thanks!
Charise
I have had the ginger ale one w/sherbet...it is DELICIOUS.
At my wedding we had a raspberry punch. Real simple, Raspberry sorbet and raspberry soda. And its pink!
My mom has an awesome chicken salad recipe that everyone loves if you still need a recipe.
Post a Comment