
I like the look of these submerged flowers with the light on top.
Here's how to keep the flowers submerged and some other good info:
Submerged Flowers: Float exotic flowers such as small orchids in a tall vase and place a floating candle on top. The water magnifies the blooms for extra drama. To keep your flowers submerged, use a light gauge wire wrapped discretely around the stems.
I like these centerpieces too! I read somewhere that you need to use distilled water with submerged flowers to eliminate bubbles and floating flowers. After thinking about it, I remember my chemistry professor talking about something similar. Anyway, try it out before the big day with both tap water and distilled water and see what you like better.
Get a thin wire (at any craft store) and tie the end of the stem around it tight. Then, work the wire into an open O-shape to fit at the bottom of the vase. Cover and weigh down the wire with sand, sea shells, etc. - We could do marbles or something
The flowers. Waxy flowers work best. "Really delicate flowers will turn transparent," he said. But any kind will do if you're just looking for a one-night effect. Some flowers to try: anthuriums, orchids, tulips, callas or Bird of Paradise.
Here's a good how-to link:
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_floral_centerpieces/article/0,,HGTV_3419_1398334,00.html
2 comments:
Awesome! I'm glad you found this information. It's better to do it right the first go around.
Awesome! I'm glad you found this information. It's better to do it right the first go around.
Post a Comment